Professor Suzanne Fitzpatrick of I-SPHERE recently sat on Scottish Government’s Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Action Group, who’s recommendations have informed the Ending Homelessness and Together action plan launched today.
The Ending Homelessness Together Action Plan will focus on:
- Providing a person centred approach to support individual needs
- Putting prevention first, to minimise the risk of people becoming homeless
- Prioritising the provision of settled and mainstreamed housing
- Ensuring a quick and effective response by frontline workers
- Joining up planning and resources
The Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Action Group made 70 recommendations, which have all been accepted by the Scottish Government.